As you are writing your personal statement, please remember to consider the following questions:
- What are your current academic and scientific interests?
- How have previous coursework, research projects, or other experiences influenced your interests?
- What are your future educational and career goals, and how does training as a researcher fit with your goals?
- What are the academic, volunteer or work experiences that have best prepared you to engage in research?
On your resume/CV, we recommend including:
- Programming experience
- Mathematics courses taken
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL):
Pathways to Science
(writing and letter of recommendation resources)