Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony’s principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
Sony R&D Center US, located in San Jose, CA is seeking a creative individual to join our talented multidisciplinary core research group. It’s your chance to make a significant impact on Sony’s future business, products and services, and to contribute to Sony’s super high quality entertainment powerhouse such as Game, Film, TV and Music.
As a Senior Research Engineer, you will be involved in an applied scientific research on novel 3D Computer Vision and Graphics algorithm development. You will have a unique opportunity to collaborate with Sony’s professional creators, Sony’s research community world-wide, and U.S. university collaborators.
We’re inventing the technology and products that inspire creators and people all over the world, and soon you could be working to bring your ideas to life! If you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to see what you’ve got!
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong research background and demonstrated record of innovation in the area of 3D computer vision, computer graphics.
- Experience in 3D reconstruction, 3D modeling, image-based rendering, or CG physical simulation.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Experience and research track record in machine learning based 3D human modeling.
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python or C/C++ for rapid algorithm prototyping.
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal Engine, Maya, or related graphic platforms.
- Two or more years of related professional experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.