We are seeking a highly motivated scientist or engineer to join our team and support business growth with semiconductor customers in the United States. The Applications Engineer will work closely with customers and be responsible for translating customer issues into problem statements for UNISERS. The Applications engineer will represent UNISERS as a technical expert in the field and establish recognition of this expertise from the customer. The scope and impact of this role offers the opportunity to grow in technical expertise or project or management leadership positions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Coordinating and executing activities with our customers, understanding their needs, and delivering customized solutions.
- Conducting experiments and developing applications with customers to secure new business.
- Providing local expertise for maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of UNISERS equipment at our customer sites.
- Managing customer expectations by aligning goals and making expectations clear to others.
- Securing confidentiality of customer data, while translating customer issues into problem statements for UNISERS.
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to support new technology development and accelerate product commercialization.
- Challenging the status quo to strive for improvements that add value.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends and developments in small particle detection and identification.
- Communicating effectively with customers and internal teams through written and oral presentations.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree or 2 years working experience in Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or a related field
- Broad and deep experience with all kinds of analytical methods for nanoparticles and surfaces.
- Experience with semiconductor-grade high-purity material testing and validation.
- Experience with application development for semiconductor R&D or manufacturing.
- Intermediate programing experience in Python is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and German is advantageous.
- Fast learner with a strong self-motivation to grow technically.
- Willingness to be cross trained in both applications development and equipment maintenance.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to work through ambiguity, in a dynamic environment.
- A high level of integrity for securing customer confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Respecting each other and embracing the diversity of working in a cross-cultural team.
- Caring for our environment and avoiding waste.
- Willing to travel within the US to customers and to Switzerland for trainings.
UNISERS AG is a young start-up from ETH Zurich with revolutionary technology to tackle the biggest challenge in the semiconductor industry: namely, contamination control. Our patented products have been validated to tremendously help the whole semiconductor supply chain (components, materials, wafers, equipment, and chip fabs) with quality control by finding and identifying otherwise undetected or unknown contaminations. Therefore, we will help chip makers reduce the amount of wasted chips (often more than 50%), increasing their profit substantially and at the same time contributing to less waste and CO2 emissions. Having closed a 14 Mio $ seed investment round led by Intel Capital; we are scaling up our team to bring our unique technology to industry as fast as possible.
- Competitive salary and benefit packages (including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance and 401K matching)
- Participation in our attractive ESOP (Employee Stock Option Plan)
- Opportunity to shape a growing high-tech company and take over leadership roles
- Modern culture of collaboration
- 25 days of vacation
- Flexible working hours, including possibility for remote work
- Personal education (reimbursement of tuition fees)